Senior Care Unit - RN (PRN)
BRADLEY COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER
Position Title: RN/Senior Care Unit
Department: SENIOR CARE UNIT
Supervisor: RN/SCU Nurse Manager
Position Summary: Assesses, plans, directs and evaluates the delivery of
nursing care within his/her unit.
1) Coordinates and directs the delivery of patient care.
2) Interprets and adheres to hospital policies and procedures; updates nursing
policies and procedures as needed.
3) Utilizes problem solving approach in resolving problems between patients,
employees, medical staff, visitors, etc.
4) Evaluates nursing care using monitoring criteria.
5) Adjusts staffing and assignments appropriately when CNO is not available.
6) Insures safety and comfort of patients and also health and safety of
7) Keeps CNO informed of patient care issues, needs and reportable situations.
8) Provides leadership and sets example in emergency situations and drills.
Keeps emergency equipment ready for use.
9) Evaluates employee performance annually.
10) Maintains operational functioning of the nursing unit as necessary.
11) Completes special assignments as required by nursing administration.
RN/Senior Care Unit
12) Evaluates nursing care plans used by staff, relating to nursing diagnosis,
initiation and updates.
13) Professional Development:
a. Attends mandatory in-services.
b. Infection Control
c. Fire Safety
d. CPR Certification
e. Attends continuing education pertaining to skills applicable for
proper performance in area of practice.
f. Initiates ward conferences as needed for updating and instruction
of nursing services.
g. Flexible in adapting to changes in work assignments.
h. Acts as a role model in attendance, dress code and planning time off.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
Valid license as a Registered Nurse in Arkansas.
Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Senior Care Unit