SENIOR CARE UNIT - Senior Care Unit
BRADLEY COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER
Position Title: RN/Senior Care Unit
Department: SENIOR CARE UNIT
Supervisor: RN/SCU Nurse Manager
Position Summary: Assesses, plans, directs and evaluates the delivery of
nursing care within his/her unit.
1) Coordinates and directs the delivery of patient care.
2) Interprets and adheres to hospital policies and procedures; updates nursing
policies and procedures as needed.
3) Utilizes problem solving approach in resolving problems between patients,
employees, medical staff, visitors, etc.
4) Evaluates nursing care using monitoring criteria.
5) Adjusts staffing and assignments appropriately when CNO is not available.
6) Insures safety and comfort of patients and also health and safety of
7) Keeps CNO informed of patient care issues, needs and reportable situations.
8) Provides leadership and sets example in emergency situations and drills.
Keeps emergency equipment ready for use.
9) Evaluates employee performance annually.
10) Maintains operational functioning of the nursing unit as necessary.
11) Completes special assignments as required by nursing administration.
This position may be filled on a full time or part time basis.
Position Type : Full Time
Senior Care Unit