BCMC Clinic APN
Monday - Friday, DAYS
Provides assistance and support to physicians and other medical providers in assessing, planning, and providing patient care
Must have completed advanced education and training in the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions and chronic illnesses.
Requires AR licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse
• Provides medical care to patients under direction of a physician as allowed under the Nurse Practice Act.
• Performs physicals exams and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of ordering physician.
• Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic test to identify and assess patients' clinical problems and health care needs.
• Records physical findings and formulates plan of care. Reviews findings with appropriate members of medical care team.
• Discusses cases with physician and other health care professionals.
• Practices within his/her scope of practice as delineated by his/her education, training, protocols and licensure.
• Conforms to prescriptive privileges as allowed by Arkansas State Board of Nursing, Arkansas State Board of Pharmacy and collaborative agreement. Does not prescribe any schedule I or schedule II medications.
• Assists the program Medical Director in assuring Clinical Competence and meeting regulatory guidelines.
• Is responsible for supervision of the nursing staff within the department.
• Annually reviews and updates clinic written policies, coordinating with Medical Director.
• Conducts monthly clinical staff meetings and education programs. Must maintain records.
• Program development to meet the needs of organization and promoting optimal patient outcomes
• Collaborate with various departments throughout the facility to maximize program efficiency
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with advanced education as an APN including certification by a nationally recognized professional organization of a nursing specialty or individuals who have met criteria for advanced practice nursing established by the AR State Board of Nursing.
Degrees, Licensures and/or Certificates:
Current State of Arkansas Board of Nursing License
BLS certification required
Must have a copy of a diploma or official transcript of the highest level of education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The qualified candidate must have the ability to assess and provide appropriate care to patients in a clinical setting under a collaborative agreement with a physician. They must possess the ability to manage staff in order to achieve goals and obtain optimal outcomes. Maintain financial sustainability through appropriate admissions to the department.
Shift : Day
Brooke Hatch - Director of Human Resources
404 S. Bradley
Warren, AR 71671