Labor & Delivery RN/LPN - Labor & Delivery
BRADLEY COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER
Position Title: RN/LPN
Supervisor: RN/Labor-Delivery Nurse Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for direct patient care in the Labor and Delivery setting.
1) Initial admission assessment and a shift assessment on all obstetrical
2) Has a demonstrated knowledge of fetal monitoring; able to identify fetal
patterns on the monitor and treat appropriately.
3) Responsible for starting Intravenous sites.
4) Performs vaginal exams for dilatation of cervix.
5) Communicates appropriately and clearly to the physician, charge nurse
and other co-workers.
6) Coordinates and supervises patient care in an environment that optimizes
patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health errors.
7) Initiates personalized care plan for inpatients.
8) Ability to adequately assess and re-assess pan. Utilizes appropriate pain
management techniques and educates patient/family regarding pain
9) Assists physician with procedures in Labor/Delivery, Postpartum, and
10) Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and to function under
11) Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the
age of the patient and their clinical condition.
12) Follows the (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication
13) Ability to do venous punctures and draw blood.
14) Demonstrates the ability to do basic nursing care.
15) Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
16) Able to assess neonate at delivery and stabilize neonate post delivery
and perform neonatal resuscitation if needed.
17) Able to interact professional with patient/family and involves patient/family
in the formation of the plan of care.
18) Ensures that documentation meets current standards and policies.
19) Attends in-services as required.
20) Actively participates in performance improvement activities.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
Valid license as a Registered Nurse or an LPN in Arkansas.
Must have current CPR certification.
Prefer: S.T.A.B.L.E. course
Fetal Monitor course
Neonatal Resuscitation course
Good communication skills to communicate with physician about changes
in patient's clinical condition including fetal monitoring and results of
Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in patient's condition
or patient's response to treatment.
Position Type : Full Time
Krissy Morrison - L&D Nurse Manager
Labor & Delivery